Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Table of Contents research

I found a very informative article explaining how to make a Table of Contents page.
This article explains how to create a TOC page by using the program InDesign which is one of the programs that is available to me.
The explanation used to describe a table of contents page in this article gave me the idea to include advertisements that surround the actually stories. I will include the advertisements by entering them in a hidden layer and later including them in the TOC, as recommended by the article.
 (Creating a table of contents. (n.d.). Retrieved March 11, 2015, from https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-table-contents.html)

 (May/June 2014 Table of Contents. (n.d.). Retrieved March 11, 2015, from http://www.eatingwell.com/food_news/eatingwell_magazine/current_issue/mayjune_2014_table_of_contents)

When it comes to actually listing the page numbers and stories, this is a format that I would look to follow. The picture of this TOC page from a Health and Wellness. While I may not be looking to use the same simple font, the general format is what I am looking for. This type of format will be surrounded by multiple images, more than likely including a few advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment